Effective Date: June 14, 2021
Edifecs, Inc. (“Edifecs”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Edifecs Privacy Notice (this “Privacy Notice”) explains how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process Personal Information (as defined below) in connection with our website, edifecs.com (the “Site”), and the related content, platform, services, and other functionality offered on or through our online services (which are referred to together with the Site in this Privacy Notice as the “Services”). This Privacy Notice does not address our privacy practices relating to job applicants, employees and other personnel.
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures, relating to the processing of Personal information (as defined below) about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
- Nevada: Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits Nevada residents to opt out of the sale of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about them. Although we do not currently sell covered information, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Opt Out Request” if you are a Nevada resident and would like to submit such a request.
- California: If you are a California resident, please click here for additional California-specific privacy disclosures.
What is Personal Information?
When we use the term “Personal Information” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to an individual. It does not include aggregated or deidentified information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to an individual.
Our Collection of Personal Information
Sometimes we collect Personal Information automatically when an individual interacts with our Services and sometimes we collect Personal Information directly from an individual. At times, we may collect Personal Information about an individual from other sources and third parties.
Personal Information Collected from Site Visitors and Account Holders
We may collect Personal Information submitted to us by visitors to our Site and account holders, including:
- Contact Information, including first and last name, email address, mailing address, employer, job title, company name, phone number and communication preferences.
- Inquiry Information, including information provided in custom messages sent through the forms or contact information provided on our Site and through our Services.
- Account Information, including name, company name, employer, job title, email address, username and password, profile information, Edifecs CORE-related information, Edifecs Compliance-related information, Edifecs CommerceDesk-related information, Edifecs ServiceDesk-related information, and any other account information you provide to us.
- Survey Information, including feedback you share with us in connection with surveys we may send you from time to time, and any related testimonials or other content you choose to share with us.
- Subscription Information, including your subscriber ID, account contact information and transaction-related information.
- Event Information, including registration information, attendee badge information, and contact information.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
As is true of most digital platforms, we and our third-party providers may also collect Personal Information from an individual’s device, browsing actions and site usage patterns automatically when visiting or interacting with our Site, which may include log data (such as internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, browser ID, the URL entered and the referring page/campaign, the date/time of visit, the time spent on our Site and any errors that may occur during the visit to our Site), analytics data (such as the electronic path taken to our Site, through our Site and when exiting our Site, as well as usage and activity on our Site) and location data (such as general geographic location based on the log data we or our third-party providers collect).
To manage cookies, individuals may change their browser settings to: (i) notify them when they receive a cookie, so they can choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact an individual’s experience using our Site, as some features and offerings may not work properly or at all. Depending on an individual’s device and operating system, the individual may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if an individual wants to reject cookies across all browsers and devices, the individual will need to do so on each browser on each of his or her devices. An individual may also set his or her email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether the individual accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
Personal Information from Third Parties
We may also obtain Personal Information from third parties. We may combine this information with other Personal Information we have about you for the reasons described below.
We may receive the same categories of Personal Information as described above from the following third parties:
- Your Employer: If you use our Services on behalf of your employer, we may receive information from your employer or another employee such as your name and contact information.
- Social Media: When you interact with our Services through various social media networks, such as when you “Like” us, follow us, or share our content on Google, Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks, we may receive some information about you that you permit the applicable social network to share with third parties. The data we receive depends on your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services.
- Service Providers: Service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as survey and marketing providers, collect Personal Information and often share some or all of this information with us.
- Information Providers: We may, from time to time, obtain information from third-party information providers to correct or supplement Personal Information we collect. For example, we may obtain updated contact information from third-party information providers to reconnect with you.
- Publicly Available Sources: We may collect Personal Information about you that we do not otherwise have, such as contact information, employment-related information, and interest-in-services information, from publicly available sources. We may combine this information with the information we collect from you directly. We may use this information to contact you, to send advertising or promotional materials or to personalize our Services and to better understand the demographics of the individuals with whom we interact.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use Personal Information we collect to:
- Fulfill the purpose for which the information was provided, such as to perform our contractual obligations or to deliver Services you have requested;
- Manage our organization and its day-to-day operations;
- Communicate with individuals, including via email, text message, social media and/or telephone calls;
- Ask individuals to complete surveys about us, our Services, and organizations we partner with;
- Market our Services to individuals, including through email, direct mail, phone and text message;
- Administer, improve and personalize our Services, including by recognizing individuals and remembering their information when they return to our Site;
- Facilitate client benefits and services, including customer support through our command center services;
- Identify and analyze how individuals use our Site and Services;
- Conduct research and analytics on our client base and our Services;
- Improve and customize our Services to address the needs and interests of our client base and other individuals we interact with;
- Test, enhance, update and monitor the Services, and diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our property and Services, technology assets and business;
- Defend, protect and enforce our rights or applicable contracts and agreements; Prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity; and
- Comply with legal obligations.
We may provide additional privacy disclosures if the Personal Information at issue and/our expected use case falls outside the scope of this Privacy Notice.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with other companies owned or controlled by Edifecs, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Edifecs, including our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control), our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries owned by that holding company, particularly when we collaborate in providing the Services.
- Your Employer: If you engage in our Services through your employer, we disclose Personal Information to your employer such as your name and contact information.
- Survey Providers: We share Personal Information with third parties who assist us in delivering our survey offerings and processing the responses.
- Marketing Providers: We coordinate and share Personal Information with our marketing providers in order to communicate with individuals about the Services we make available.
- Customer Service and Communication Providers:We share Personal Information with third parties who assist us in providing our customer services and facilitating our communications with individuals that submit inquiries.
- Other Service Providers: In addition to the third parties identified above, we engage other third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as website hosting, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, analytics services, and administrative services.
- Other Business as Needed to Provide Services:We may share Personal Information with third parties that an individual engages with through our Services or as needed to fulfill a request.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose Personal Information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal Information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose Personal Information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others, including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to protect the health and safety of us and others; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Otherwise with Consent or Direction: We may disclose Personal Information about an individual to certain other third parties or publicly with the individual’s consent or direction. For example, with an individual’s consent or direction we may post his or her testimonial on our Site or other Services.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Site and our other Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit Personal Information from children under the age of 13. Individuals under the age of 13 should not use our Site or other Services, or otherwise provide us with any Personal Information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the Personal Information from our systems. If we learn that any Personal Information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that Personal Information.
Links to Third-Party Websites or Services
Our Site and Services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Except where we post, link to or expressly adopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any Personal Information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the Personal Information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify individuals by email to their registered email address, by prominent posting on this Site or our Services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:Edifecs, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Department
1756 114th Ave SE
Bellevue, WA 98004