Edifecs Recognized for Growth and Dedication to Corporate Culture
February 03, 2022
BELLEVUE, Wash. – FEB 3, 2022 – Edifecs, Inc., a global health information technology solutions company, is looking back on a multitude of prestigious industry honors in 2021 recognizing its growth, corporate culture, and commitment to sustainability. With more than a quarter of a century in business, Edifecs has grown to indirectly touch more than 200 million lives and continues to develop breakthrough solutions for transaction interoperability, workflows and analytics.
2021 was a year of transformation for Edifecs. In July, founder Sunny Singh transitioned to Chairman of the Board of Directors and Venkat Kavarthapu became Chief Executive Officer. Kavarthapu, who has been with Edifecs for the past 12 years, assumed leadership of the company as it looks to expand product delivery capabilities to include cloud-focused SaaS services and solutions.
Edifecs also announced the acquisition of two companies for the first time in its history. Health Fidelity and Talix joined Edifecs to further establish its risk adjustment, SaaS natural language processing and machine learning capabilities to power the shift to value-based models of care. The companies’ technologies were integrated into Edifecs’ signature Encounter Management solution to provide customers the opportunity to operate risk adjustment processes more efficiently for Medicare Advantage, Managed Medicaid and ACA products.
Additionally, Edifecs was hard at work to ensure its product offerings met the fluctuating needs of customers adapting to industry standards for data sharing. The company unveiled the successful implementation helped customers meet the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Interoperability and Patient Access Final Rule deadline in early July. These accomplishments speak to the effectiveness of Edifecs’ solutions as well as its deep industry expertise.
“These awards represent the incredible work of our associates, who have demonstrated an unwavering commitment to making the world a better place through healthcare innovation as well as serving our planet and our community,” said Venkat Kavarthapu, CEO, Edifecs. “It is an exciting time at Edifecs as we build upon our this momentum and look towards the future and a successful 2022 as colleagues and an organization.”
Edifecs also announced its new Highly Productive Edifecs (HPE) work model. The philosophy of HPE is simple: Edifecs associates can work from wherever they think they are the most productive. Associates are empowered to choose work from where they most productive (home, office, or a combination). The HPE model does not mean Edifecs is abandoning its commitment to its global offices and onsite Wellbeing Centers. As a strategic part of HPE, Edifecs will continue to offer world-class facilities committed to environmental sustainability.
Edifecs’ notable 2021 accolades include:
- Best in Biz’s 2021 Best Places to Work selected Edifecs as the Silver winner in the North America Medium-Sized Companies category (100-999 employees). The award selects companies based their achievements and excellence from the recent year.
- Seattle Business Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work for 2021 ranked Edifecs at No. 12 overall for large companies. Edifecs last made the list in 2012 when it was ranked No. 17. The award ranks the best 100 small, medium and large-sized companies based on top scores from anonymous employee surveys.
- Puget Sound Business Journal’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in Washington ranked Edifecs at No. 84 overall. The list recognizes 100 of the fastest-growing private companies in Washington, based on revenue from 2018 and 2020.
- Inc. 5000 ranked Edifecs No. 4,296 on Inc.’s annual ranking of the fastest-growing privately held companies in the U.S. Edifecs moved up on the list from the 2020 ranking where it was listed at position No. 4,835. The Inc. 5000 is the key benchmark for entrepreneurial success.
- Puget Sound Business Journal’s Washington’s Best Workplaces of 2021 ranked Edifecs as No. 23 among large companies. Companies are chosen based on high scores on anonymous employee surveys designed to determine overall job satisfaction and perception of company culture, trust, leadership, benefits and perks, and more.
- Globee American Best in Business Awards selected Edifecs as the Gold winner in the Milestone of the Year: Anniversary category for 2021. This awards program honors the best in business and professional excellence across every industry from around the world.
- Great Place to Work® certified Edifecs in both the United States and India. Companies are certified based on validated employee feedback related to workplace culture, employee experience, and leadership behaviors.
- Puget Sound Business Journal’s Largest Private Companies in Washington ranked Edifecs for the fourth time, at No. 53 overall. The list recognizes the 100 largest private companies in Washington, based on 2020 revenue.
- Puget Sound Business Journal’s Eastside Fastest-Growing Private Companies ranked Edifecs at No. 27 overall with a 33.9 percent revenue growth from 2018 to 2020. The rank recognizes growth of the top privately-owned companies based in Bellevue, Bothell, Issaquah, Kirkland, Newcastle, North Bend, Redmond, Renton, Sammamish and Woodinville.
- Puget Sound Business Journal’s 2021 Largest AI Companies ranked Edifecs as No. 7 overall. The list recognizes the 100 largest AI companies in Washington state, based on 2020 revenue.
- Puget Sound Business Journal’s 2021 Largest Cloud Computing Companies ranked Edifecs as No. 16 overall. The list recognizes the largest cloud computing companies in Washington state, based on 2020 revenue.
- Puget Sound Business Journal’s 2021 Largest Tech Employers ranked Edifecs as No. 38 overall. The list recognizes the 100 largest technology employers in Washington state, based on total headcount of Washington-based employees in 2020.
- SEAL Business Sustainability Awards included Edifecs for the first time. This award recognizes organizations and leaders who demonstrated commitment and progress towards environmental achievement and leadership.
- ENERGY STAR Certification 2021 achieved by organizations that have identified cost-effective approaches to managing energy use in their buildings.
For more information about Edifecs and its workplace offerings, visit: https://www.edifecs.com/
Edifecs is a premier technology company in the US Healthcare market with solutions focused on interoperability, workflows, value-based care payments and analytics. With innovative technology and solutions, Edifecs helps its customers by optimizing the secure exchange and processing of administrative and clinical data, reducing the cost of meeting various regulations, and automating workflows involved in multiple core processes within the healthcare ecosystem. Edifecs is a frontrunner in bringing new technology for B2B data exchange in healthcare streamlining business processes from “card to care,” and reducing the industry burden associated with data provisioning at the points of enrollment, care, payment, and reporting. With the advent of FHIR and new regulatory guidance from HHS, Edifecs has emerged as a leader in easing the effort associated with achieving compliance with new federal rules and in making the healthcare consumer the primary stakeholder. The company is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with additional offices in Atlanta, Georgia, San Francisco, California, Pittsburg, Pennsylvaniaand Mohali, India, an engineering center in Moldova, Belarus and the Ukraine, and has more than 1,000 employees.
# # #