Senior Software Engineer
Edifecs is looking for a strong Cloud Software developer to help build a data pipeline service for managing massive volume of data with high concurrent usage. Ideal candidate has a strong JAVA background in building healthcare applications with large volume data management, AWS experience and has a solid problem-solving capability to solve complex problems.
You’ll be part of a nimble, high functioning team working on an important project that directly impacts our business.
What you will do:
Application Development, implementation and Maintenance
• Understand existing data pipelines and reimplement them using big data technologies to handle high volumes of data at scale
• Refactor existing data processes and implement them to handle a high volume of concurrent users
• Maintain and troubleshoot existing applications
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use and improve existing code and its design by applying appropriate refactoring
• Test code, features, business rules, and integrations
• Troubleshoot the application and the different constituent components
• Document and fix bugs
• Explore new technologies and make recommendations as to their adoption
• Learn cutting-edge methods and how to apply them
Planning & Communication
• Work closely with Product owners and key internal stakeholders to collect requirements, estimate work, and ensure that projects are delivered according to schedule
• Plan for, coordinate, and execute software deployments
• Assist with design for new features
• Communicate clearly and effectively while contributing as a productive member of the team
What you will bring:
• 4-7 Years’ experience developing, deploying, and maintaining software at scale using Java and Spark
• Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS
• Experience on Big data development using Spark, Hadoop, Hive, HDFS etc.
• Experience writing ETL in AWS using S3, EMR and EC2 or AWS GLUE
• Experience writing Spark jobs in AWS using S3, EMR and Hive
• Experience with Big Data stores such as Redshift or Hive
• Experience in creating solutions that handle a high level of concurrency and data volumes of 100TB or larger.
• Experience developing data & analytics solutions leveraging on AWS Data management technology stack (S3, Kinesis, EMR, Redshift, Glue, Athena, CloudWatch and data/analytics tools).
• Experience developing & deploying big data applications conforming to the Lambda architecture
• Experience in Health insurance claims domain
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
Edifecs is a leading healthcare technology company with the mission to improve healthcare outcomes, reduce costs and accelerate innovation. We empower healthcare organizations to scale the partnerships required by payment, care delivery and access reform initiatives that are redefining the healthcare industry. We are disruptors, scientists, data nerds, doctors and artists. We believe information technology can revolutionize healthcare. Edifecs has grown from a small start-up to the market leader in our space, and today boasts over 375 healthcare clients that include 25 Blue Plans, over 50 Commercial Plans, 100’s of Healthcare Providers, State and Federal agencies, along with partnership arrangements with most leading middleware stack vendors. Edifecs is regularly recognized as a leader in the Healthcare IT. We have received recognition and awards and continue to be recognized for our overall performance as a company, our dynamic workplace culture and our commitment to innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Edifecs will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who need assistance applying for a job. Please contact email@example.com for more information.