Senior Lead Information Security Engineer
Edifecs is seeking a Senior Lead Information Security Engineer, who serves as the process owner responsible for all technical security elements within the security program and will protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of sensitive information and systems within the organization. This individual contributor should be highly motivated and will take an offensive security approach to protecting Edifecs’ systems, networks, and workforce.
What you will do:
Strategy and the Information Security Management Program
- Actively participates in planning, developing and implementing information security strategy
- Leverages security technology and tools to accomplish company’s security objectives
- Serves as an internal information security technical consultant to the organization.
- Supports enterprise architecture, system operations and systems development, as required, to ensure information security policy, standards and controls are planned for and effectively implemented.
- Collaborate on technical security awareness training to improve Edifecs’ human firewall
- Performs security research on the latest best practices, trends, threats and vulnerabilities, technology frameworks and exploitation techniques
- Documents and disseminates technical security guidelines for common security issues, remediation guidance, and security technology baselines
Security Operations (vulnerability management, threat intelligence, continuous monitoring, IDS/IPS)
- Secures business applications and computing environments across public, private or hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Creates requirements, implements, manages and operationalizes the security event management program (e.g., Security Operations Center) to collect, store, and correlate, analyze and respond to security data derived from sensors (e.g., Intrusion Detection Systems/Intrusion Prevention Systems), logs and incident reports.
- Creates advanced content to detect emerging threats utilizing threat intelligence sources and disciplines.
- Deploys and manages software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions (IPS/IDS)
- Deploys and manages a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Fraud Prevention program
- Ensures the data loss and fraud prevention programs includes monitoring internal staff (insider threat detection)
- Ensures mechanisms are in place to prevent unauthorized access to PHI
- Ensures ePHI is transmitted and stored securely.
Security Architecture (S-SDLC, application security)
- Develops cloud security standards, threat modeling methodologies, secure code practices, and processes in tandem with architects and system engineers
- Works with infrastructure and product engineering teams to ensure Edifecs’ products and infrastructure are secure by performing security risk assessments, intrusion testing, standards implementation and remediation guidance as necessary.
- Performs black-box penetration testing, source code auditing, and reviews of internal and third-party technologies.
- Conducts architecture security reviews, application testing, and penetration testing modeled after real world attackers (i.e., exploit and pivot) for cloud and emerging technologies.
- Provides clear and detailed risk assessments including remediation guidelines for developers and business owners to ensure enhanced security protections are implemented when issues are identified.
- Perform security risk assessments in addition to application testing, network vulnerability testing, and other security technical assessments for purchased and developed solutions.
- Work with appropriate groups to risk rank vulnerabilities and prioritize remediation
- Administer code scanning tools
- Document, prioritize and report all remediation recommendations and documents and manage exceptions to SGRA team for tracking.
- Lead and engage in projects focused on ensuring the deployment of security controls and the secure implementation of IT systems and software.
Investigations and Forensics (Incident response)
- Continuously evaluate the security posture of security processes and tools and adjust accordingly to ensure effective preparation, detection, containment, investigation, remediation and recovery during a security incident.
- Build playbooks to handle alert triage and incident response to scale our ability to respond to new and existing threats within our colocation hosted platforms and cloud platforms
- Core member of the Incident Response Team (IRT)
- Assist in leading incident response planning and testing activities.
- Monitor and report systems with irregular behavior, security vulnerabilities and other threats
- Conduct real-time analysis of immediate threats, triage and contain/neutralize as appropriate
- Conduct post-incident activity for real or suspected security incidents and identify cause and recommended corrective actions.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and/or master’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 10+ years of professional work experience within Information Security Operations
- 3+ years of those professional work experience years must be specifically related to S-SDLC, web application development, code auditing, and hands-on software development experience required
- Expert technical skills across a broad range of security domains is required
- Extensive knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25
- Experience manually testing web applications or enterprise penetration testing
- Experience with AWS cloud configuration, particularly monitoring and security components
- Experience developing strong security controls and implementing them across multi-platform environments, cloud-based enterprise applications, and on-premise managed systems
- Experience working with common security frameworks, preferably HITRUST CSF
- Experience working in the healthcare industry strongly preferred
- Ability to operate under ambiguous circumstances, and address potentially uncomfortable issues.
- Ability to evaluate risk, business impact, cost and difficulty to remediate
- Must be self-directed, organized and have excellent time management skills
- Must be able to provide formal reports and presentations as required.
- Effective communicator, relationship builder, and advocate for sound risk mitigation practices
Edifecs is a leading healthcare technology company with the mission to improve healthcare outcomes, reduce costs and accelerate innovation. We empower healthcare organizations to scale the partnerships required by payment, care delivery and access reform initiatives that are redefining the healthcare industry. We are disruptors, scientists, data nerds, doctors and artists. We believe information technology can revolutionize healthcare. Edifecs has grown from a small start-up to the market leader in our space, and today boasts over 375 healthcare clients that include 25 Blue Plans, over 50 Commercial Plans, 100’s of Healthcare Providers, State and Federal agencies, along with partnership arrangements with most leading middleware stack vendors. Edifecs is regularly recognized as a leader in the Healthcare IT. We have received recognition and awards and continue to be recognized for our overall performance as a company, our dynamic workplace culture and our commitment to innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Edifecs will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who need assistance applying for a job. Please contact email@example.com for more information.