Product Support Specialist
We lead the industry in the breadth and depth of how we support our customers—by becoming an extension of their internal team. Helping our customers deliver world-class care and service is the Professional Services Team. The Professional Services team is seeking individuals with exceptional analytical abilities who thrive for excellence in everything they do. We pride ourselves in hiring the best talent in the market, and we offer commensurate compensation and benefits.
The Product Support Specialists help customers troubleshoot technical problems they face in using our solutions. These can range from simple installation questions to advanced performance tuning of complex systems. The ideal candidate is goal-oriented, has the ability to handle interruptions while fluidly switching between several projects; must have strong technical skills supporting mission critical products for enterprise clients.
What you will do:
- Provide technical support to enterprise clients related to technical and operational aspects of the products
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering and Professional Services teams as appropriate to resolve problems
- Assist development team with performance analysis and testing during release cycles for service packs, hot fixes etc.
- Answer email and phone requests for help from customers
- Collaborate in virtual teamwork with other Product Support associates
- Host online troubleshooting and investigation sessions on customer’s production environments
- Deliver a consistent, responsive and satisfying customer experience with each contact
- Collect all necessary problem details from customers to be able to effectively see the problem to resolution
- Replicate customer reported problems in a controlled test/lab environment
- Follow standard operational procedures for ticket management
- Continuously improve troubleshooting skills, product expertise, and knowledge on related technical topics
- Update knowledge base / create reusable documents, originating from patterns observed during customer issue troubleshooting
- May need to work in a shift that gets scheduled between 5 AM and 6 PM PST
- May need to provide weekend on-call support based on internal roster
What you will bring:
- BS in Computer Science or other technology related program or equivalent experience in a technical support role.
- At least 4-6 yearsapplicable experience in supporting commercial off the shelf enterprise products
- Experience supporting enterprise/production systems with pre-requisites like Messaging systems, database technologies, web application servers
- Understanding of Groovy scripting, JSON, RestAPIs, OAuth protocols, SSL framework, AWS S3, MFT, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes would be preferable
- Prior experience with data translation/mapping (eg EDI/X12 to DFF/PFF or XML etc.) preferred. Familiarity with tools like Sterling or Edifecs Translator preferred.
- Prior experience troubleshooting performance problems that may have many underlying causes such as Disk, Database, Network, Messaging and other platform / 3rd party solutions.
- Ability to guide customers remotely through complex, multi-server deployments and upgrades for enterprise products
- Familiarity with EDI Standards such as X12, EDIFACT, HL7, NCPDP and knowledge of HIPAA transactions is a plus.
- Very strong written and verbal skills.
Edifecs is a leading healthcare technology company with the mission to improve healthcare outcomes, reduce costs and accelerate innovation. We empower healthcare organizations to scale the partnerships required by payment, care delivery and access reform initiatives that are redefining the healthcare industry. We are disruptors, scientists, data nerds, doctors and artists. We believe information technology can revolutionize healthcare. Edifecs has grown from a small start-up to the market leader in our space, and today boasts over 375 healthcare clients that include 25 Blue Plans, over 50 Commercial Plans, 100’s of Healthcare Providers, State and Federal agencies, along with partnership arrangements with most leading middleware stack vendors. Edifecs is regularly recognized as a leader in the Healthcare IT. We have received recognition and awards and continue to be recognized for our overall performance as a company, our dynamic workplace culture and our commitment to innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Edifecs will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who need assistance applying for a job. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.