Are you the infrastructure person your Dev peers always come to for advice on the use public cloud services? Do you experience building a cloud landing zone and collaborating with Security and Dev peers to create guard rails / gates that empower self-service deployments leveraging pipelines with sufficient control points? Have you also built an internal private cloud with public-cloud like capabilities?
Edifecs is seeking aCloud Infrastructure Architect who candrive the infrastructure evolution to a SaaS service model while delivering the same great service to our customers. You will work with engineering teams to define a path to convert existing products to SaaS services pushing the boundaries of scalable, self-healing, autonomous SaaS built on Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, and Grafana.
What you will do:
Consult / Design
- Leverage your knowledge of the available cloud services and automation to design building blocks and define best practices
- Meet with customers and respond to RFQ and compliance questions to review the technical implementation of security controls in our core infrastructure
- Work closely with Engineering partners to identify pain points and implement tools / solutions to eliminate them
- Research cost spikes and implement solutions to minimize impact
- Research new cloud services and capabilities and define roadmaps for use
Build / Run
- Drive the selection and implementation of a new tool chain for CI/CD and drive the deployment of ourapplications and infrastructure
- Leverage Infrastructure as Code to build and manage core cloud infrastructure components
- Review the code of peers and partners to ensure secure and supportable solutions
- Design and drive implementation of on prem services with cloud-like capabilities
- Leverage your experience to help mentor teammates and peers in other organizations that have less experience with cloud and automation.
- Support and recommend practices to secures business applications and computing environments across public, private or hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Implement cloud security standards, threat modeling methodologies, secure code practices, and processes in tandem with security and software engineers
What you will bring:
- 5+ Years’ experience working with AWS or Azure/GCP with AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- Expert Level proficiencyin one or more of the following (PowerShell, Python, Java, Rust, or Go)
- In-depth, hands-on experience with Linux, Windows, networking, server, and cloud architectures.
- Proficient in build and using CI/CD tooling
- Expert Level proficiency in the use of CloudFormation / Terraform to deploy and manager cloud solutions
- Extensive experience with Containers and orchestration services like Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- Deep understanding of fundamental network technologies like DNS, CDN, WAF, VPC, VPNs, Load Balancers, Proxies
- Cloud security and best practices knowledge
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Experience working in the healthcare industry preferred, but not required
- Ability to evaluate risk, business impact, cost and difficulty to remediate
- Must be self-directed, organized and have excellent time management skills
- Must be able to provide formal reports and presentations as required.
- Effective communicator, relationship builder, and advocate for sound system security, engineering, and operations practices
Edifecs is a leading healthcare technology company with the mission to improve healthcare outcomes, reduce costs and accelerate innovation. We empower healthcare organizations to scale the partnerships required by payment, care delivery and access reform initiatives that are redefining the healthcare industry. We are disruptors, scientists, data nerds, doctors and artists. We believe information technology can revolutionize healthcare. Edifecs has grown from a small start-up to the market leader in our space, and today boasts over 375 healthcare clients that include 25 Blue Plans, over 50 Commercial Plans, 100’s of Healthcare Providers, State and Federal agencies, along with partnership arrangements with most leading middleware stack vendors. Edifecs is regularly recognized as a leader in the Healthcare IT. We have received recognition and awards and continue to be recognized for our overall performance as a company, our dynamic workplace culture and our commitment to innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Edifecs will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who need assistance applying for a job. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.