Associate Operations Engineer
The Associate Operations Engineer works primarily with enterprise customers of Edifecs Encounter Management (EM) and Enrollment Management (ENR) products, proactively assisting them with post- sales installation, configuration, upgrade, troubleshooting and day to day operational management. Responsibilities include taking a proactive role working with the Engineering team and Customers to triage and resolve technical, and application-related issues which impact product performance in customer-specific environments, or issues that directly hamper a broader customer adoption of Edifecs EM and ENR products. In addition to working with customers, the Associate Operations Engineer will routinely partner with our Development, Sustaining Engineering and Sales Engineering organizations to resolve support issues, document bugs, provide UAT on product builds, and ensure that new and newly upgraded server installations are successful. *Remote positions available
What you will do:
- Manage end to end operations for Edifecs hosted or customer hosted EM/ ENR application instances including deploying upgrades, making configuration changes, managing day to day submission operations, building custom tools and utilities, creating ad-hoc reports / queries
- Provide technical support to enterprise clients related to technical and operational aspects of the products
- Partner with Product Support Engineers and development teams as necessary to troubleshoot issues and implement resolutions
- Analyze application and database performance, identify bottlenecks and provide fix/ report to the development team for a fix
- Provide workarounds or temporary fixes to the client to avoid processing disruption
- Create and provide ad hoc reports based on need to support the client operations
- Proactive management of submission cycles, and reactive management of customer reported cases / issues.
- Deliver a consistent, responsive and satisfying customer experience with each contact
- Collect all necessary problem details from customers to be able to effectively see the problem to resolution
- Successfully reproduce customer issues in a controlled test environment
- Follow standard operational procedures for case management
- Continuously improve troubleshooting skills, product expertise, and knowledge on related technical topics
- Update knowledge base / create reusable documents, originating from patterns observed during customer issue troubleshooting
- Will need to work in shifts
- May need to provide weekend on-call support based on internal roster
What you will bring:
- Recent 2020 or 2021 graduate with Bachelors in Computer Science or other technology related program
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar is a plus; or equivalent work experience in implementing, and operating Java stack-based enterprise applications
- 1 to 3 years applicable experience in supporting commercial off the shelf enterprise products is a plus
- Understanding of following underlying technologies used by Edifecs solutions: Java, JMS, SQL Server/ Oracle, Web/Application Servers like Apache Tomcat/ IBM WAS
- Experience on at least one integration or ESB software such as Edifecs XEngine Server, TIBCO EMS, IBM Websphere suite, Webmethods, MuleSoft, Intersystems Ensemble is a plus
- Good understanding of SOAP and REST based webservices
- Prior experience troubleshooting performance problems that may have many underlying causes such as Disk, Database, Network, Messaging and other platform / 3rd party solutions is a plus
- Prior experience in troubleshooting problems in java-based applications using opensource tools / JDK tools such as jstack, visualvm, jconsole, jmap and similar tools to identify memory issues, deadlocks, application performance is a plus
- Ability to guide customers remotely through multi-server deployments and upgrades for enterprise products
- Familiarity with at least one non-Windows operating system (such as Linux, HPUX, AIX)
- Familiarity with EDI Standards such as X12, EDIFACT, HL7, NCPDP and knowledge of HIPAA transactions is a plus.
- Prior Scripting and Programming Experience for solving business problems preferred.
- Knowledge of various network and internet technologies and communication protocols: TCP/IP, sFTP, HTTP, AS2, etc. highly desired.
- Very strong written and verbal skills.
Edifecs is a leading healthcare technology company with the mission to improve healthcare outcomes, reduce costs and accelerate innovation. We empower healthcare organizations to scale the partnerships required by payment, care delivery and access reform initiatives that are redefining the healthcare industry. We are disruptors, scientists, data nerds, doctors and artists. We believe information technology can revolutionize healthcare. Edifecs has grown from a small start-up to the market leader in our space, and today boasts over 375 healthcare clients that include 25 Blue Plans, over 50 Commercial Plans, 100’s of Healthcare Providers, State and Federal agencies, along with partnership arrangements with most leading middleware stack vendors. Edifecs is regularly recognized as a leader in the Healthcare IT. We have received recognition and awards and continue to be recognized for our overall performance as a company, our dynamic workplace culture and our commitment to innovation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Edifecs will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who need assistance applying for a job. Please contact email@example.com for more information.